Tuesday, October 7, 2008

What are B-Sides?

I know that is the question that Ali will be asking me one day, as the phrase "cassette tape" will have no meaning for her. So I'll go ahead and explain: There used to be these funny, partially see-through grey things with ribbon in them that played music. They had two sides, and you had to pop them out and turn them around to get to the B-side. The songs on the B-side were supposedly never quite as good as the first side, since they tried to hook you with it.

What does this have to do with blogging?

Believe it or not, despite my 1-3 posts per day on my main blog, I have recently gotten a few complaints that I don't blog enough. I also have people that say I blog too much and they can't keep up with it. But for those who want more, I have started B-Sides. I actually DO have a lot of material each week that never gets blogged for lack of time and space, and so this blog is for the stuff that I decided in the past AND decide in the future doesn't QUITE meet up to my OCD perfectionistic standards to go on my main blog.

AND this is a place for me to blog about stuff in our every day life without the pressure of making it funny, entertaining, or otherwise creative. Here, I am going to try my hardest to put NO standards on myself - for quality or quantity.

This will be hard, as I am obsessively goal-oriented and have trouble NOT putting pressure on myself for everything from how much work I get done in a day to how good of gas mileage I get. I love statistics and I kill myself always trying to outdo every statistic in my life.

But not here.

This is just a place for me to chronicle our lives more closely and put up material left over after the main blog. Due to that, this blog may have little or no interest for anyone but family members, but you're welcome to read if you like!

And so I introduce. . . B-Sides.

5 comments:

Gina said...

yay. :)

Anonymous said...

I am thrilled. Your blog makes my days. k

Susan (5 Minutes For Mom) said...

Great idea!

And I very much remember cassette tapes. LOL

rachel said...

how did I just now find this blog? I love the random, daily life stuff that's not nearly as perfect as witty storytelling. Maybe that's because my blog has ONLY random daily life stuff and NO witty storytelling....

Fun times - and great idea to have an extra blog...now, if I could only keep up with the one I have... =)

Lori T said...

I never knew of your other blog. Yea!