Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Black&Blueberry Pie

This is the recipe I used to make pie from the Blue and Blackberries that Ali and I picked last week… I adapted it from a Blackberry Pie recipe that I found in our family cookbook.

IMG_9726

Black&Blueberry Pie

1 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Plain Flour
1/4 tsp Cinnamon
1/8 tsp Nutmeg
dash Cloves

Mix together in a small bowl.


4 1/2 cups of Blackberries and Blueberries
1 tbsp Lemon Juice

Put in a larger bowl, then gradually pour dry ingredients into berries and gently toss, until all is mixed together.

2 Pie Crusts (the frozen variety)
Butter

Pour Berry Mixture into one of the pie crusts Put the other pie crust on top, and top with pats of butter. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 Degrees, and then drizzle 1 tbsp of butter on top. Bake for 5-10 more minutes, until crust is golden.

Top, of course, with Ice Cream.IMG_9731

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

YUM! I wish the birds hadn't eaten all of my blueberries :(