Tuesday, October 19, 2010

30 Weeks, 7 Months, and only 9 Weeks to Go!

30 wks

Total Weight Gained: 19.6 Pounds. And feeling every ounce of it.

Cravings: I’m still liking my Edy’s Rocky Road Ice Cream. Which could explain the sudden increase in my hip size. Apparently Noah isn’t sucking up all the fat nutrients from it that he should be.

Contractions: I’ve been having contractions since very early on (15 weeks or so), but they’re getting more intense and often. Not really painful as much as suffocating. But hey – whatever helps him get here BEFORE December 20th, I’m good with.

Birth Plan: Speaking of which, I’m really hoping more and more for a VBAC, or at least an attempted VBAC. Not that I’m opposed to another C-Section at all – I found it much less invasive than I’d thought it would be – but I REALLY don’t want to have a baby the week of Christmas. Both for this Christmas’ sake, and for Noah’s Birthday’s sake for the rest of his life.

Or maybe for my sake. Planning a birthday party the week of Christmas just doesn’t sound very fun.

Plus, I’m feeling huger and huger these days, so the earlier (as long as it’s safe), the better.

Movements: He must be filling up his allotted space these days, because his movements have gotten a lot less kicky and a lot more stretchy. Thankfully, though, he’s much lower than Ali was, so his stretches don’t reach into my rib cage and yank on my lungs and heart.

My bladder, however, may not feel that this is quite as fortunate.

9 comments:

Jackamo said...

You look beautiful and bountiful :)

Christen said...

Can't believe he'll be here in 9 weeks, or less :) Guess that means Christmas is just a little over 9 weeks away, that's crazy!

Kitty Engle said...

I think you look great. Whenever he is born just be sure he gets his own Birthday celebration, like my Mama did for me, and NEVER join it with Christmas. Leo tried to join it with Christmas one time, and only one time. Noah gets birthday paper and cake and candles and food just for him.

This Is The Day said...

Lookin' good! I know what you mean about the birthday being too close to Christmas. Seems like your birthday would kind of get lost, but maybe it just makes it more exciting. :)

Jill said...

You're still cute as ever!

Stephanie said...

oh yay! I'm actually kinda jealous of your weight gain...perhaps when I go see the midwife this Friday I will have gained something (I mean, I've been inhaling peanut butter and banana sandwiches AND cheese like crazy!)...

are those the regular beloved jeans or the maternity jeans in the picture?

Reformed Grits ;-) said...

You can do the VBAC! WOO! I had 5 after my 1st was c-section. I am also born on Christmas so I take offense. ;-) Christmas babies ROCK.

Rachel said...

Stephanie - they're the dreaded maternity jeans. If only they'd stay in place...

R.G. - I'm glad to know you don't resent your birthday!!!

Leslie said...

You look great! I think I am jealous ;)